Food, Travel and everything about Life....



Pages

Tuesday, August 28

Mochiko: Not your ordinary Ice Cream


I have been seeing this kind of ice cream on malls for months but I didn’t give it a try not until I went to Tagaytay last week. I don’t really know what got into me but I just really felt like gobbling up ice cream while staring at the refreshing view of the greens and the Taal Volcano. At that point in time, I was torn by choosing either Frogurt (Frozen yogurt), FIC (Fruits in ice cream) or these.  Obviously, I went for Mochi since I wanted to know how Japanese ice cream tastes like (I just didn’t know if it’s authentic); not to mention that I was intrigued by how it was served.  Here’s what I got:

Green Tea

Strawberry Yogurt

There is an array of flavors to choose ranging from the common flavors like Mango, Chocolate, Strawberry to the bizarre ones like Black sesame, Green tea and Azuki (red bean). I opted to try the Green Tea since am a fan of tea ever since summer of this year began. I also devoured  Strawberry Yogurt which i also found scrumptious. 



If you will be visiting Tagaytay anytime soon, try to hang-out at the Cliffhouse. There are a number of good restaurants within its compound that will definitely satisfy not only the cravings palate but your eyes as well.





Mochi is a Japanese confection made of glutinous rice flour or Mochiko. It is usually filled with a sweet center such as anko or red bean paste and eaten as a snack




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment