Food, Travel and everything about Life....



Pages

Thursday, August 16

Aglio Olio: A complicated name for a simple dish


I decided to test my kitchen skills by making out a simple pasta dish. Honestly, am trying to save up for something so I decided to cook my own food instead of dining-out tonight.  I actually haven’t done this before but I have no doubt that I can make it; and I wasn’t wrong.

Aglio Olio (pronounced as ahl-yo oal-yo) is an italian phrase which means “Garlic and Oil”  

I didn’t know much about its ingredients and I am to lazy to browse the net for some recipe. I just gathered and mixed every item my palate could remember.

Here’s my simple Aglio Olio recipe

Ingredients:

Olive oil, Garlic cloves, Fresh parsley, Pasta noodles, 
Salt and ground black pepper to taste, Cashew nuts (optional)

Cooking Instructions:

Boil  pasta noodles on a saucepan of salted water. Stir well and boil until the pasta is al dente.  Drain and set aside.

Heat olive oil in a sauce pan, add in chopped garlic and minced parsley. Saute the garlic until it turns light golden brown. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes to allow the oil to absorb all the flavors.

Add cooked pasta, 3-4 tbsp pasta water and cashew nuts to the garlic & oil mixture.  Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. 


Try this one and let me know how it went. ^_^


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment