Food, Travel and everything about Life....



Pages

Wednesday, September 26

Water Bottles


Are you wondering what this is? At first glance it may seem to be just plain bottled water. That’s what I also thought, but it’s not. Now, try to make a guess…..

I saw this at the restaurant of Hannah’s Beach Resort and Convention Center in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte couple of weeks ago. It was around 10 pm when we arrived at the resort from a 6-hour air and land travel. At that time, we were so starving that we went directly to the restaurant. Being also thirsty, I immediately noticed the water bottles on the table. I was about to open one when I suddenly noticed the warning in it.


I told my colleagues about it but we didn’t ask what it is for: we were challenged to think what it could possibly be. Sadly, our thirst and curiosity didn’t bring us the right answer. Thus, we ended up asking the waiter. 

This is no ordinary bottled water.  Believed it or not, It’s a fly repellant. Yeah, it really is.  

I’m sure you’re wondering how this works.  The water on the bottle acts as a convex mirror that projects a bigger image whenever flies alight. As a result, it scares them away; making it as an effective repellant when placed over dining tables. True enough, we didn’t find flies hovering over our table.  Cool huh! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment