Food, Travel and everything about Life....



Pages

Sunday, October 9

Let's Get Physical...



T
his morning, I woke up early (alright not so early) and decided to give myself a jumpstart on a healthy living. I realized that convincing yourself to go for a jog isn’t really hard at all; what’s difficult is to force yourself to get off that bed most especially if you are still enjoying a nice vivid dream. Luckily, I managed to push myself to wake-up and hit that morning shower. I got my running shoes on and made my way to AFP Grandstand in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.
I started my warm-up exercise with few stretches and a brisk walk for the first 200 meters. The environment is as inviting as it looks like. The misty cool wind, green trees and plants, colorful flowers and the entertaining sound produced by chirping small birds ignited the fire with excitement to go for a jog.



Generally, I did not intend to lose weight; I just wanted to eliminate these stomach fats I gained from months of pigging-out. Most importantly, I believe that doing so will improve my over-all health. 

As I walked towards the asphalt made tracks, I immediately noticed that those jogging lanes are equipped with lights; Side tracks lights that illuminate the path of those who decide to perform their physical routine by dusk or dawn.



The entire place is also filled with lush green trees, plants and grass which provide visitors an ample fresh air. Moreover, it offers joggers and runners the tranquility they need to focus on improving their overall health and physique.  


The Jogging trail is painted with kilometer markings to guide everyone on how far they have jogged. Running paths are also painted with white lines that serve as lane guides for runners.



After an hour of jogging, running and brisk walking, I felt totally exhausted. I found myself almost dripping wet, sitting in one of the benches as I grasp for air.


I grabbed my water bottle to invigorate but much to my surprise, i found it empty.  Luckily, there are drinking fountains available for those who would want to rehydrate and quench their thirst. I walked my way to one of those and refilled my water bottle whilst buying some time to recuperate. 


Generally, it was a fun and strenuous activity. I am looking forward to do that more often, hopefully with a company of a family or friend. For sure I would be getting muscle pains any moment now but who cares, it was all worth it!
Share



No comments:

Post a Comment